Nouveau cru pour Goldleaf (v0.5)
XorTroll vient tout juste de mettre à jour son couteau-suisse « Goldleaf » dédié (entre autre) à l’installation de fichiers NSP. Le changelog est plutôt conséquent, on peut donc parler ici d’une nouvelle version majeure de l’application. On notera surtout le support de l’installation sur firmware 7.x, l’amélioration de la stabilité du mode USB (qui souffrait jusqu’alors de gros bugs et ralentissements), la refonte de l’interface graphique avec support du tactile et l’ajustement de certains éléments. Cette revision perd cependant quelques fonctions, comme l’extraction des NCA (bientôt remplacée par la possibilité de monter les NCA pour y accéder) ou bien encore le support anecdotique des Custom Firmwares.
N’oubliez pas que le mode USB nécessite l’installation préalable de la librairie libusbk de Zadig et l’utilisation de l’utilitaire PC « Goldtree » (officiel) ou « Fluffy »(non officiel).
Nouveautés / Corrections :
- Huge UI refactor:
- Dialogs have been refactored, now they aren’t full-screen, and are roundy and well designed 🙂
- Several graphics have changed (main logo)
- Touch support, mainly noticeable in dialogs and menus. (scrolling still not supported)
- On file browsers (SD / console memory), the element size has been changed from 100 to 50, doubling the element count being showed, and improving browsing in very populated directories.
- As Plutonium changed on 0.2.1, now moving up on the top element in a menu will move to the latest one, and down on the latest one to the top one.
- USB is in a better state now:
- Installations are no longer handled by two different threads, which makes them more stable.
- USB system has been changed on the libnx fork, hence some things are easy to handle now, like connection issues or callbacks while USB reading.
- Don’t worry, multi-installation USB is planned for 0.6 or sooner versions 🙂
- New and rebuilt content manager:
- Titles are sorted by all their subcontents (in case they have updates or DLC)
- Any kind of content can be deleted individually
- System titles are also supported, but deleting them is not allowed by default.
- New config file! Goldleaf.ini:
- Support to replace UI colors and assets.
- Support to enforce a custom language
- Via RomFs replacing icons, texts, even translations can be replaced!
- File browsers:
- Files and directories are sorted properly now.
- NSP installs:
- 7.x installs are supported by doing a temporary copy of CNMT and control NCAs to NAND SYSTEM (which gets deleted right after the install, don’t worry)
- Install dialog might take a few seconds to show up as the change mentioned above. Just a small delay, nothing dangerous.
- Bad installs will (attempt) to remove half-installed contents to avoid corrupted installs.
- If the title is already installed, Goldleaf will uninstall it so that the new one can be installed. This might happen with updates (share the same application Id so are considered as the same title internally)
- USB installs:
- Sizes were fixed, transferring methods were revised… now USB installs are more stable than ever 🙂 (after those tons of bugs with 0.4)
- Goldtree also had small changes related to USB commands, so other PC clients should get updated too. Not a big change, but a really relevant one.
- Error handling:
- Not a very big addition, but now caught errors are displayed on a FBI-ish style (dialog showing error type, description…, not just the error code on the footer)
- NXTheme installs:
- Now Goldleaf doesn’t handle these installs itself, instead it uses NxThemes installer, which should be installed in order to install themes. This fixes compatibility with new changes.
- User accounts:
- Now icons are checked whether they are valid 256×256 JPEG icons before using them for account icons.
- On previous versions the only user (in case there was just one) could be deleted. Now that has been corrected.
- Removed features!?
- NCA file support (extractions) was removed as a new system to dynamically mount and access NCAs is being worked on for next versions 🙂
- CFW support as it resulted in a pointless menu, which just was useful to see whether qlaunch was replaced in the selected CFW.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
And, as always, have fun with this multitool!
Goldleaf 0.5 (NRO) | Goldleaf 0.5 (NSP) | Goldtree 0.5 (USB) | Zadig 2.4 (libusbk)